POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dripdrop... : Re: Dripdrop... Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dripdrop...
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 2 Jun 2003 08:35:37
Message: <3edb4499@news.povray.org>
> From what I've seen of them, your macros are really impressive. I
downloaded
> them but I haven't still got around using them. Keep up the good work!

Ooooh! And those words from THE Gilles Tran! For the
rest of the day, I'm happy. :-)

> IMHO, if the reproduction of simple, common natural phenomena comes under
> copyright law, we're really doomed. What next? People getting sued because
> they used the blue colour? Of course, greedy idiots are aplenty so we
cannot
> be sure anymore :(
> If you don't want to risk anything, just add something personal to the
> picture that makes it different, which is always a good idea in the first
> place.

You're right about that part with natural phenomena. Still, this image
really bears a very significant resemblance with the original Poster,
and that might be the problem, because I'd be copying intellectual
property or something like that. But I'm not planning on putting this
on Zazzle or anything, so I'm not really concerned. Additionally, I'm
giving credit to the original poster, so that leaves no room for speculation
if the image might be my idea.
I'd definitely add something personal if I'd want this to be sold or such,
though perhaps the jaggedness of the underlying mesh is good enough
for that! :-)

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde