POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamborghini Diablo SV *** finished *** : Re: Lamborghini Diablo SV *** finished *** Server Time
13 Aug 2024 01:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamborghini Diablo SV *** finished ***
From: Andreas Kreisig
Date: 31 May 2003 20:24:54
Message: <3ed947d6@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm wrote:

> I love it! And the light is well positioned. It looks like you're using
> point light(s) with radiosity working in the background? It brings out all
> details of the car beautifully. Of course, a more variated enviroment
> could add some beautiful reflections as well.

Thank's Hugo. I used two point lights as ambient lights, one spotlight as
area light, two 'normal' spot lights, one square area light and a
reflection plane. It was quite difficult to get a balanced lighting.

> Don't tell me this was modelled in Rhino, please, because that interface
> is my enemy, and I won't change my mind. So tell me this was Wings3d or
> something like that.. In any case, great work for a car like that.

:) No, I don't have Rhino. But I use Blender and after this work Blenders
modeler is my enemy 'cause it's really low level. It's not very well suited
for SDS modeling because there's no way to split polys in two, three or
more parts automatically and this is a 'must have' to get sharp edges in
SDS. So I have to do this painfull work by hand (edge for edge: delete,
rebuild it, split it, rebuild the faces) and now ... I'm looking for a
better tool.

> HDR version coming up?  ;o)

Soon. But first I want to render a backside view.

Andreas

--
http://www.render-zone.com