POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb) : Re: 2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:28:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 29 May 2003 13:05:14
Message: <3ed63dca$1@news.povray.org>
Great work, Tim! This may be a misuse of your macros, but it seems like it
could work.

> Would probably be better to use a similiar approach
> (node-based calculations for a mesh) and generate some
> basic flow data and then superimpose some random waves
> onto that to get a similiar look.

Interesting comment. Where can I read about this? I only have a vague
understanding. I think it's possible to precalculate data (one normal vector
for each node) with reference for the wave direction. This means, there will
be an overall direction (the wind) for the waves, and there will be a
sublayer where the waves go in all the directions that is specified by the
precalculated data... But how to push these subwaves around, within a
reasonable time, I don't know...?

Best regards,
Hugo