POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : 2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb) : 2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  2nd Attempt at Flowing Water... (MPG, 274kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 28 May 2003 20:51:04
Message: <3ed55978@news.povray.org>
Another try, now with a longer stream
and some "rocks" (as suggested by
Dave). Had some side-effects, which become
obious somewhat later in the animation.

All in all, it seems to be too much work for
flowing streams using this system. Would
probably be better to use a similiar approach
(node-based calculations for a mesh) and
generate some basic flow data and then
superimpose some random waves onto that
to get a similiar look.

I'll probably still release the little snippet of
code I wrote for this, just in case someone
wants the insight into this and wants to work
on it.

To be honest, I've never expected the algorithm
to be more useful than for non-moving, confined
water-surfaces, so I'm not that disappointed... :-)

Regards,
Tim

--
Tim Nikias v2.0