POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:26:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Jim Charter
Date: 28 May 2003 14:00:49
Message: <3ed4f951@news.povray.org>
Gena wrote:
> Jim Charter wrote:
>

>>at how figures are usually handled in this genre.  I don't know if they
>>have a Marlow but they do have a nice group of Canaletto's.
>

> BTW, I found that Marlow's painting in the book about Canaletto :)
>
> Gena.

Well I ahve to laugh at myself again.  It turns out there was only one
Canaletto and the group I thought were by him were actually by Guardi.
Never-the-less I made a couple of dozen sketches from figure groups in
the Canaletto ( View of St Mark's ) and came to a humble appreciation of
the balance he strikes between explicit and suggested detail.  This
balance is weighted much more toward the explicit in raytracing I think.
  Anyway I will take a stab at improving my figures.  It is going to
lead to heavier meshes and higher res bitmaps though.

-Jim