POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Attempt of flowing water... (MPG, 242kb) : Attempt of flowing water... (MPG, 242kb) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:30:55 EDT (-0400)
  Attempt of flowing water... (MPG, 242kb)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 28 May 2003 13:40:30
Message: <3ed4f48e@news.povray.org>
So, after a suggestion in povray.general, I've
tried to create some flowing water, which could
be used for streams, rivers etc.
What I do is simply move the data two nodes
(could pick more or less) further "downstream",
mapping the data, which would fall off, back to
the beginning.

Drops aren't dropped all the time, just at the
beginning, so when the water calms down, it
seems to move slower, but there are in fact only
waves which are more spread out and thus
look like they are moving slower, while in fact
the height changes are slower.

Anyways, enjoy.

Regards,
Tim