POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio 16B : Re: Capriccio 17 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:37:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio 17
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 May 2003 21:48:26
Message: <3ed4156a@news.povray.org>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I think the figures in the boats are not up to the same level of
> detail as the other parts of the picture, even as compared to the
> figures on the stairs. No offense to the contributor,

No offense taken.  Early on I feared that it might come to this,
especially when we started talking about rendering in poster size.
It wasn't what I'd bargained for when I took on resposibility for the
figures.  I thought originally that a fairly brief handling would suffice.
What I would like to do is slide up to the Metropolitan and take a look
at how figures are usually handled in this genre.  I don't know if they
have a Marlow but they do have a nice group of Canaletto's.  Maybe I can
see some details of clothing more clearly.
I probably should have done this already, but every time I go up there I
get drawn in by the primitive collections.  Was just up there on Friday
soaking up the Art of Ancient Cities exhibit along with the African
Masks, as usual :)  Anyway, the comment about the level of detail in the
figures is a valid one.  Just give me a little time to think about how
best to solve it.  If I don't think I can, I will gladly hand off any
sources and responsibilities to others.

-Jim