POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:33:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k)
From: Tek
Date: 23 May 2003 20:45:16
Message: <3ecec09c$1@news.povray.org>
Well you're right that perfectly smooth surfaces look more artificial, but it's
also a desirable quality in automobiles :)

The compressed contrast range should be handled pretty realistically by the HDR,
though at some point I'll try megapov's film response curve simulation which
should make it possible to simulate accurately.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com