POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) : Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:18:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more metallic paint (mpeg1 796k)
From: Tek
Date: 23 May 2003 17:39:55
Message: <3ece952b$1@news.povray.org>
"Hugo Asm" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message
> Looks great, but you are lucky that the sky_sphere image is blurred,
> otherwise you would need to add blurry reflections on the metal.

Well actually the reflection is from a smooth gloss layer over the metallic
effect. Just like real cars the reflection would be perfectly sharp.

> Since you need the light_sources I wouldn't recommend that you rely too much
> on radiosity (arnold renders / almost pure rad). It needs a high quality to
> animate well, so I would use it subtle. Besides it probably won't benefit
> this particular scene, because you are using highly reflective materials.

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm trying a radiosity version at the moment, and it
really doesn't gain much for a simple scene like this (well, apart from a huge
increase in the render time!). If I want to use the paint in more complex
environments I might use radiosity.

> But it looks impressive.
> Good luck in your further work!

Thank you :)