POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Suggesting trivial patch. : Re: Suggesting trivial patch. Server Time
5 Jul 2024 15:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggesting trivial patch.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 23 May 2003 09:16:07
Message: <3ece1f17@news.povray.org>
In article <3ecd58a2@news.povray.org> , Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg>  wrote:

>   So that instead of getting "0.0000" we get something like "1.23e-6"?

Hmm, now I see your idea behind this.  Unfortunately this won't really work
because in effectively anything below 0.0000 is pretty much below the
precision threshold you can reach with double precision floating-point
numbers for the number of calculations performed by isosurfaces.

I will see if I can come up with something intelligent to at least make the
message not show up in such case.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde