POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with 'seams' in merge. : Re: Problem with 'seams' in merge. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:32:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with 'seams' in merge.
From: simian
Date: 22 May 2003 03:26:10
Message: <3ecc7b92$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:23:35 -0400, Sun Tzu wrote:

> <HTML><HEAD>

	And other strange tags. ;)

	I read some of the responses and I don't know if this will help but most
graphics programs, Photoshop, gimp have a "make seamless" option which
will correct the general problem with seams on a sphere. But not knowing
the image you are using I can't save if that will preserve the image you
are trying to use. Another thing is you must start with a mercator
projection image else the "poles" will be "scrunched" into points at the
poles. There is no good solution for that problem.