POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov : MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov & PVMPOV/MP-Pov
From: Daniel Genrich
Date: 21 May 2003 11:52:02
Message: <3ecba0a2@news.povray.org>
Hello!

I tried to work on a new version of "PvMegaPOV".
So I changed the code of Megapov and added the functions of PVMPOV to it.

Now I have a working version of MegaPOV with the PVM extension. It's working
but I'm wondering about one thing:

One of the new features of MegaPOV is presentated in "cloth.pov".
I tried to render it and figured out that the parsing and building the
".dat" 's are the most CPU-power-intensive things of the hole process.
Anyone have some idea/solution how to distribute it on different nodes? Is
there a possibility to do so? Rendering the "cloth.pov" would be really
faster if this would be possible.

MfG