POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with 'seams' in merge. : Re: Problem with 'seams' in merge. Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with 'seams' in merge.
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 20 May 2003 09:22:08
Message: <3eca2c00@news.povray.org>
Try setting a higher number in max_trace_level in the global_settings.

When I am doing glass objects, I start with something like 12 and step
down during successive renders until I get to the lowest setting that
works.

There might be another way to do this ...

Aaron

  "Sun Tzu" <sun### [at] nospamhotmailcom> wrote in message
  I was inspired by an image posted here (I wish I could remember the
author's name), and decided to make my first macro to generate a similar
shape.  I couldn't figure out how to do this shape with just Tori and
Sphere CSG, and had to use a Cone as well.  Unfortunately the 'seams'
are visible where the spheres are cut out and join with the tori.  Is
this an inherent problem with POV accuracy and rounding errors, or is
there a flaw in my math?  More importantly, is there a way to fix it?  I
will attach my source as well as the picture.

  Also the opening on the far side of the sphere doesn't seem to show up
in this view, but I've checked with a top down view and it is definitely
there.  Maybe it's just the angle.

  P.S.  This is my second post.  When I made my first post, I was
unaware of the 'reflective sphere on checker plane' requirement for
first posts.  Hopefully this one satisfies the requirements.  ;-)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (3 KB)