POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Testing terragen+povray : Re: Testing terragen+povray Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Testing terragen+povray
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 20 May 2003 04:25:32
Message: <3ec9e67c$1@news.povray.org>

3ec9d73c@news.povray.org...
> It looks nice. For the sake of gathering knowledge: Does Terragen have any
> abilities renderwise that POV-Ray can't do? I've been at their homepage,
but
> can't tell wether it's all a matter of adjusting parameters in POV.

Terragen is specifically designed to render skies and landscapes. Things
that can be done in POV-Ray only using complex pigment maps and/or slow
atmospheric media is done automatically in Terragen by defining a few
parameters. In fact it's not easy and not even very fast, but the results
can be amazing. See this gallery in particular
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bianco/.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com