POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio - stairs (73+135k) : Re: Capriccio - stairs (73+135k) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 11:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio - stairs (73+135k)
From: Peter Hertel
Date: 18 May 2003 09:20:18
Message: <3ec78892$1@news.povray.org>
> > included all the figures in the scene, thus only produsing one
> > height_field.
> I would like to put a dummy height_field in in my model, so when yours
> is ready, it should just be a matter of replacing my dummy file with
it,
> and it will be in place on the cathedral. I hope.
>
> To do that, I need to know what file type you are using, and what you
> going to call the height_field file.

I'd like to use PNG if it's okay, and the filename can be something like
"cathedral_relief.png" all lowercase. Or use anything you like, it
wouldn't matter to me.
What resolution and aspect ratio are you going to use? Are you going to
use CSG to cut out a triangle of the height_field? If you could give me
a copy of the dummy image, I'll adapt the aspect ratio from that.

-Peter