POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb) : Re: WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb)
From: Veijo Vilva
Date: 17 May 2003 14:09:24
Message: <3ec67ad4@news.povray.org>
William F. Pokorny wrote:
> Veijo,
> May or may not be the reaction you are after, but I presonally find this
> image very unsettling. Even after thinking about it a bit I am not sure
> why. Good work! :-)

Thanks.

It is supposed to be something _different_. I've rendered the original
version at a resolution of 7620x5080 and had a photographic print made
at 254dpi (i.e. 30"x20", that's 76.2cm x 50.8 cm). It sure attracts
attention. This version I'm now rendering at a resolution of 6000x4000
only as I must have a print made before June 15th, and it takes about
three weeks to render at that resolution with a 2.4GHz P4.

> The keys on the keyboard appear to have merged in
> the posted image, but I expect the keyboard looks OK at the larger
> resolution?

Yeah, it's impossible to have all the details visible at the screen
resolution. However, I design everything so that I can go very near
the models without things starting to fall apart. I've attached a
close-up of the keyboard, and you can find more pics at my gallery:

    http://www.animal.helsinki.fi/people/vilva/gallery/

    Veijo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: