POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb) : WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  WIP: Arietta 2 (290 kb)
From: Veijo Vilva
Date: 17 May 2003 10:01:44
Message: <3ec640c8@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I resumed work on the image I submitted to the Sep - Oct
2002 IRTC. After adding radiosity and photons, the result
was much too white so I changed the material of the terrain
from white stone to light wood randomly mixed with dark wood.
The present terrain consists of just two types of elements:
about 15,600 light wood cylinders with dark silver knobs and
780 dark wood cylinders with a thin golden torus at the top
and a small glass sphere hanging slightly above the top end.

All the colour differences are caused by the illumination,
either directly by the colour of the surrounding lights or
else by reflection and refraction. The soft reflections below
the harpsichord are caused by multiple reflections between two
plates of glass. The flute is illuminated in varying degrees
by the light refracted by the sphere above it.

The eye is a composite of a small segment of a photograph and
a glass sphere on the iris to reflect the lights in a more
natural way. There is a bozo height field glass plate in front
of the eye so I can render the image at 7620x5080 without fear
of all too obvious pixelation (the original is about 400 pixels
wide only).

   Veijo

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: