POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GL SkySphere : Re: My GL SkySphere (~120kbu) (Was: GL SkySphere) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My GL SkySphere (~120kbu) (Was: GL SkySphere)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 16 May 2003 21:37:38
Message: <3ec59262@news.povray.org>
"Xilo Musimene" <xil### [at] hotpopcom> schreef in bericht
news:3EC### [at] hotpopcom...
> > You can get 'perfect' results (without any jaggyness) if you use a
skybox
> > instead of a skysphere.  It's a little bit more complicated to make
suitable
> > skybox-textures, but the results are faster and better.
> I've been thinking about this and probably I should need to make 6
> images for the skybox, right?  Or should I still use the exact same
> spherical camera I just used...?

no, a spherical camera won't work (at least, I don't think it will :), you
will have to make 6 perspective-views.
I did it once, maybe it's still available online, let me check :)
It *might* be this: http://sad.studentenweb.org/cg/stad.zip
But I don't know if it is just the source, or if it is compiled, or whatever
:-/

good luck anyway :)

cu!
--