POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Metallic paint - HDR renders : Re: Metallic paint - HDR renders Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Metallic paint - HDR renders
From: Tek
Date: 16 May 2003 17:13:05
Message: <3ec55461@news.povray.org>
Here's a much improved glitter effect, you can see that it only occurs near the
reflections of bright objects, and is the colour of those objects.

For anyone who's curious, I've acheived this effect using a dome of 50
lightsources sampled from teh HDR image, with a higher probability of
lightsources occuring in the brightest areas of the dome (otherwise I need about
300 to get a similar result).

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> "JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:3ec494d3@news.povray.org...
> > I think you should leave out the glitter on the black part of the object.
>
> I agree, that occured because I created the glitter effect with only one light
> source, but now it's surrounded by a dome of lights the glitter appears all
over
> the surface. It should be possible to refine it without making it look less
> glittery.
>
> --
> Tek
> http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'metal hdr glitter.jpg' (58 KB)

Preview of image 'metal hdr glitter.jpg'
metal hdr glitter.jpg