POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface approximation MkII : Re: Isosurface approximation MkII Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:36:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface approximation MkII
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 16 May 2003 09:00:13
Message: <3ec4e0dd$1@news.povray.org>
I've modified your macro to output wavefront obj files, though it doesn't
deal with duplicated vertices. Now I want to clean up and optimise the mesh
outside POV-Ray. I load the file in AccuTrans converter, and the mesh shows
up fine in the OpenGL window. Now is the time to remove duplicate vertices,
and the converter doesn't seem to do it right. The faces remain disjointed,
and when I ask the converter to calculate normals, they are all a mess. The
next step I wanted to do was triangle decimation, to optimise the mesh. I
have the Vizzup optimiser, but in this case it doesn't work. Probably
because the faces are not joined with each other.

If you know of any other tools I can try for the above purpose, please let
me know.

-Hugo