POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem Patch : Problem Patch Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Problem Patch
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 14 May 2003 20:52:59
Message: <3ec2e4eb@news.povray.org>
Here is my problem:

Each of the sails is made from a single patch. the texture is a simple plain
white pigment. So why are parts of some sails missing? I have not changed
anything in the model at all. I did place the ship in Gilles Tran's
MakeCloud2 Sea scene to test his water formula ( Sea and Sky Sphere only)&
that is when the problem appeared. Now, even with all of his scene removed,
the missing parts of the sails remain missing. What could force only part of
a single patch disapear even after the scene elements were removed?

If I place the model in a totally new file, the sails return to normal. I am
completely stumped.

Tim

As a side note. I have been trying to model deep ocean waves with their
faceted surfaces for some time and his formula finally shed light on the
solution. Thank you Gilles.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'seatest 2.jpg' (17 KB)