POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visible reflected Light-Beam? : Re: Visible reflected Light-Beam? Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visible reflected Light-Beam?
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 14 May 2003 16:50:48
Message: <3ec2ac28@news.povray.org>
> I'm looking for a way to make the reflection of a light beam
> visible? is it possible with media and or photons.

Media can make the beam visible like dust in the air. Photons can make
caustics through glassy materials. (These are short answers.)

> I do get an original light beam from a source
> but i can't reflect it.

Hmm. When you say "reflection" one can assume two things: You either want a
mirror effect (a very clear reflection) or you want diffuse reflections,
like a bulp that lights up a whole room and nearby rooms. I can't determine
what you're after. If you want mirror effects, try making a "visible" light
source, for example a white sphere, because light sources are actually
invisible.  :o)  If you want diffuse reflections, try radiosity. There are a
good standard include file for POV-Ray to set all the parameters of
radiosity for you.

Hope this helps?

Regards,
Hugo