POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface approximation MkII : Re: Isosurface approximation MkII Server Time
13 Aug 2024 09:36:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface approximation MkII
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 14 May 2003 10:57:51
Message: <3ec2596f$1@news.povray.org>
> I considered using trace(), but then decided against it

I've tried your macro and it works! But it seems to generate some
unnecessary triangles, like small lines that nearly go by unnoticed. Besides
that I had a shock at the parsing time.  ;o)  As 80x80x80 segments takes
forever (I guess that's the penalty) guess what, I am going to need
something like 1000x1000x500 on a slow isosurface, so this method is out of
the question. Unfortunately. I'll try with trace and hope it's faster.

Grimbert's tesselation patch. (To my knowledge there aren't any builds of
it, on the windows platform.)

Are you going to add mesh2 output?

Regards,
Hugo