POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : volume visualisation [674kB, DIVX] : Re: volume visualisation [674kB, DIVX] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volume visualisation [674kB, DIVX]
From: Micha Riser
Date: 13 May 2003 10:41:01
Message: <3ec103fc@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:

> Wow. That looks fantastic. You should try it with a dense scattering media
> to make it look like some kind of lobster-shaped cloud! :)

Yeah, one should get something like a isosurface (actually I have tried to
render it as isosurface as well but the trilinear interpolation gets
visible if you render the funciton directly.)

> Where do you get df3 data from and how do you use it in povray? I'm quite
> keen to try this myself.

I got the file as .dat from my prof and converted it to df3. The data is
used as density of the scattering (and a bit emitting).

- micha

--
POV-Ray Objects Collection: http://objects.povworld.org