POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds : Re: Clouds Server Time
13 Aug 2024 03:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Clouds
From: Andrew
Date: 13 May 2003 05:40:16
Message: <3ec0bd80@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <slm### [at] slimelandcom> wrote in message
> What was the render time?

As Marc Jacquier quite rightly says, they render fast.  This was chopped
out of a 1280x960 A0.3 render that took 45 minutes on my Athlon 2GHz.  I
used intervals 3 in the media and used interpolation on the df3.

I was inspired to do this by Gilles Tran's clouds macros, which showed
me how fast df3s render - I'd never experimented with media properly
before.  Right now I have to work on optimising my Perlin functions
(they would win prizes for inefficient coding right now) - then I might
give an animation a go.

Andrew