POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : interpolate_mesh2 revision one : Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:16:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 11 May 2003 12:41:21
Message: <3ebe7d31$1@news.povray.org>
I like your thoughts and I hope you will share them with the MegaPOV team.
They might not read this post.

As you, I prefer a direct connection between modellers and POV-Ray. Any
stand-alone program that acts as converter, isn't the best solution.
Currently mesh2 files are out of reach for a macro that tries to work on the
data. The core of this problem is the mesh2 format; not the #read directive.
But instead of adding a mesh3 format, I think POV-Ray could benefit in
general from better reading capabilities.

Other programs usually have a long list of supported formats, to export and
import. Why not POV-Ray? Yes, it's a different approch to 3D and more math
minded. But why stand in the corner, when combining talents from other
software, would help POV-Ray to rock even more. There is a risk that people
would begin to use POV merely as a raytracer; thereby it would loose some of
it's uniqueness. But still...!

Regards,
Hugo