POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : interpolate_mesh2 revision one : Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interpolate_mesh2 revision one
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 11 May 2003 11:36:58
Message: <3ebe6e1a$1@news.povray.org>
> I also finished a Python script
I don't have Python so I can't run the script. But I think, it wouldn't be
too overwhelming to modify the exporter in Wings3D. We have the source code
available. I don't know the langauge, but it can't be too hard to remove the
redundant code so the plugin ONLY output's the raw data. This makes a direct
connection possible between Wings and POV, at least.

> Also I still think that the mesh can be converted in SDL
If the mesh2 file doesn't have any double-quotes ( " ) it might be possible
to do a trick: Have POV-Ray modify the entire file by wrapping  "  signs
around it. Then the file would be treated as a one large string, when read
by the #read directive. But maybe the string would be too large? It's the
only way, but a clumsy method in any case.

It would be better to convince the POV-Team to try a new command in POV -
just in my humble opinion! I've discussed it briefly with the C++ people in
charge in the last 3 days but without luck. You might consider contributing
with your thoughts. I consider this as a general limitation with POV, as it
can never read files from other software.

> hope this was useful!

Yes, thank you.
Hugo