POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : interpolate_mesh2 revision one : interpolate_mesh2 revision one Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:44 EDT (-0400)
  interpolate_mesh2 revision one
From: Kitsune e
Date: 9 May 2003 19:56:44
Message: <3ebc403c@news.povray.org>
Okay, here's what I have so far.  I changed the macro around so that it
handles all of the mesh2 data exported from Wings3d.  Added normal_indices,
uv_vectors and uv_indices.  It was fairly easy though concidering that I
just reused your code with different variables.

I also added two parameters to the macro: file_01 and file_02.  With these
you pass strings containing the name of the variables used for your data
arrays.  It probably could have been done more easily, but at least my
soulution was entertaining.

I also finished a Python script to convert a mesh2 object into a mesh2
interpolatable file.  The program is very clumsy, it could be cleaner,
faster, use more modular design... But it works!  Well sort of ~_~
While I was writing it I was using your examples, and some meshes I had
laying around as examples.  Well all the files I have seen have had each
peice of data on it's own line but it turns out that output from AOI has
each vector on a seperate line.  So the program works on Wings3d meshes, but
not with AOI and probably not with other programs output either.  Oh well it
shouldn't be too hard to fix.

You can mess with the files as much as you want, I think there might be a
problem with the variable name passing if you want to have a look at it.
Also I still think that the mesh can be converted in SDL, I'm just not
clever enough at the moment to say how.  hope this was useful!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mesh2.py.txt' (8 KB) Download 'Interpolate_Mesh2.inc.txt' (5 KB)