POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Focusing Light : Re: Focusing Light Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:54:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focusing Light
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 8 May 2003 07:33:18
Message: <3eba407e$1@news.povray.org>

3eba299c@news.povray.org...
> I want to create things like Magnifying glasses lenses etc that focus
light
> in a scene.  Can anyone shed some light on how to use Moray to do this?  I
> have the latest Beta too if that helps.
>
> Photons?  I'm not too sure what this is.

Definitely photons in that case, but I can't help you much as I'm not used
at photons.
But no doubt someone here will give some help.
Before that, you may read section 6.10 of povray doc.

> Also does the type of shapes or lights used matter?  Or does are there
> distances for "optimal" focusing?

Photons imitate real light behaviour with reflection and refraction, so
place lights, lenses and objects as they should be in real world.

Marc