POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : new system (divx 19k) : Re: new system (divx 19k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new system (divx 19k)
From: Kitsune e
Date: 7 May 2003 19:14:54
Message: <3eb9936e@news.povray.org>
Hugo Asm <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message

> I hope, I can help. I'll post the code in "povray.binaries.scene-files"
> shortly. Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> You need a mesh2 output from "Art of Illusion", and unfortunately it needs
> little manual work, to convert the data into a set of array's, needed for
> the macro to work. You need to do this, each time you import a new mesh.
> This is because Pov-Ray has limited capabilities to handle text input. I'm
> thinking about discussing the issue with the POV-Team, but I guess they're
> not easily convinced. Who knows, but I'll need them to make the C++ code.

This works very well!  The editing required to convert a mesh was very
simple.  The animation is just a mesh I had laying around from my earlier
tests.  This will be most helpful.  I am thiking about writing something to
automate the conversion proccess.  I think I can do it in SDL.  I'll also
fix the macro to handle UV coords.

Thank you for the help!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: