POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flute (153 Kb) : Re: Flute (153 Kb) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:52:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flute (153 Kb)
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 7 May 2003 15:14:29
Message: <3eb95b15$1@news.povray.org>
Awww, that's a lovely little flute. I love it! Heck, it looks nicer than
mine! (I have a little banboo flute - not that I can play it! It's got the
whole two-tone burnt wood thing going on, but it's nowhere near as nicely
polished as yours ;-)

As others have mentioned, the human ear's perception of pitch is
logarithmic; therefore, notes that are spaced exponentially sound linear.
(If that makes any sense whatsoever!) Also - at least on my flute - each
group of 3 wholes are in a line at a slight angle diagonally across the
flute, presumably so it's easier to finger. (Ooo er! :-S  What have I
said???)

Thanks.
Andrew.