POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Entry : Re: Entry Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:44:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Entry
From: Will W
Date: 7 May 2003 14:59:12
Message: <3eb95780@news.povray.org>
Great concept!

Others have commented on the lighting. I'd like to see a the lights that
cast the shadows of the playing pieces be quite yellowish, like the oil
lamps of yesteryear. I agree that the light casting the shadow of the
stick-up should be bluish.

Currently I find the background too distracting: is that a settee with
cushions? If so, then what is the photograph doing there? And what's with
the guy who looks like a 1950's politician? Maybe all this distraction will
resolve with better lighting...

You've taken on quite a task-- even in bright moonlight, most colors that
are percieved at night are really our imaginations filling in when there are
too few photons to work the cone cells. Possibly more contrast and less
saturation would be worth trying.

--
Will Woodhull
Thornhenge, SW Oregon, USA