POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : new system (divx 19k) : Re: new system (divx 19k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:26:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new system (divx 19k)
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 7 May 2003 08:21:11
Message: <3eb8fa37@news.povray.org>
> Yes! this is exactly what I need to do smooth animations in Povray.
> I have the compressed mesh macros, but I really needed mesh2
> support thankyou!

I hope, I can help. I'll post the code in "povray.binaries.scene-files"
shortly. Let me know if you have any questions.

You need a mesh2 output from "Art of Illusion", and unfortunately it needs a
little manual work, to convert the data into a set of array's, needed for
the macro to work. You need to do this, each time you import a new mesh.
This is because Pov-Ray has limited capabilities to handle text input. I'm
thinking about discussing the issue with the POV-Team, but I guess they're
not easily convinced. Who knows, but I'll need them to make the C++ code.

Anyway, what you need to do, is simple. It just takes a minute. Please have
a look at the example files I'm going to provide with the macro. Besides, if
you need UV vectors on your model for texturing, this needs to be
implemented in the code. It's easy but I haven't done it yet.

Regards,
Hugo