POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1) : Re: Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:27:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turbulous Problems... (WIP, 362kb MPG1)
From: Bill Bagshaw
Date: 6 May 2003 08:52:46
Message: <3eb7b01e$1@news.povray.org>
Um?

I'm not sure its wrong. I think you have chosen a starting point that is
very unlikely. I think the block and the side form a sort of channel. It
looks like you have started with water up the side of the block. This is a
bit strange. Channels usually have waves going up and down them and not all
the water piled up on one bank.

I think if you chose a better starting point it would be better. Perhaps
take one of the surfaces later in the render where the problem has died down
and feed it back in as a starting point multiplied up a bit.

You will probably get similar funny effects if you start with the water in a
cube shape and just "let it go".

Ta BB.
 Bill Bagshaw                                     Tel +44 (0) 117 929 9733
 SN Systems Limited                               Fax +44 (0) 117 929 9251
 sup### [at] snsyscom                                         sal### [at] snsyscom
The views expressed in this message do not necessarily constitute the views
of SN Systems Ltd and information in this message is confidential and may
be privileged.  It is intended solely for the person to whom it is
addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
and please delete the message from your system immediately.