POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Substraction : Re: Substraction Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:32:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Substraction
Date: 1 May 2003 23:59:22
Message: <3eb1ed1a$1@news.povray.org>
For the relations between objects, I used the those rules where G is
constant and m is the mass. There's a test in the calculation of the SPEED
where I define the collisions. It works well for to elements, but not for
many.

; --( ACCELERATION )--
#macro _a (_p1, _p2)
        ( G*((m*40)/(pow(vlength( _p2-_p1 ), 3)) )*(_p2-_p1) ) #end

; --( VITESSE )--
#macro _v (_p1, _p2, vx)
        #if (vlength( _p2-_p1 ) > 70 )
                ( vx + _a(_p1, _p2)*_t )
        #else
                ( vx + _a(_p2, _p1)*_t )
        #end #end

; --( EMPLACEMENT )--
#macro _p (_p1, _p2, vx)
        ( _p1 + _v(_p1, _p2, vx)*_t ) #end

To have rapid results, I used a system based on projective geometry. It
gives true CSG operations and there's no facets, so this is much more rapid.
This is a project developed at the university. It use SCHEME, a dialect of
LISP and there's no raytracing. I heard that they were planning to release
an open version.