POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Balcony sans scattering media : Re: Balcony sans scattering media Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:50:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Balcony sans scattering media
From: Tek
Date: 1 May 2003 19:11:06
Message: <3eb1a98a$1@news.povray.org>
Well absorption works exactly the same as black fog. I worked the maths out for
fog once:

For example, if visibility at 1 metre is 90%, then at 2 metres it will be 90% of
90%, i.e. 81%. Basically  visibility = pow( visibility at distance of 1,
distance )

Absorption is kind of the other way round, so if you have 10% absorption you
have 90% visibility (though don't ask me how pov's density and stuf comes into
it). So, negative absorption actually increases visibility!

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com