POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Substraction : Re: Substraction Server Time
19 Jul 2024 07:30:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Substraction
Date: 1 May 2003 17:29:14
Message: <3eb191aa$1@news.povray.org>
I  used a old book of mechanic from the college and the Newton's laws. I was
looking on the site of Christoph Hormann for the classification of the
algorithms. As I'm not engineer, I didn't distinction between Euler or HEUN
methods. but I think that it is Euler method.

When you're talking about Time Step, are You talking of Time STeps in
SimPOV? I didn't
used Christoph's SimPov, just because I didn't saw his site. This is well
done.

In my case, time step was relativ to others values.

I guess those consideration are really interreting. I'm planning making some
courses in mechanical engineering. Quite different from architecture.

"JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message news:3eb15f27$1@news.povray.org...
> Those
> > simulations are done in real time. For this anim, it tooks nearly 5s by
> > frames. But the simulation of gravity is done in real time. I obtain
> nearly
> > 30f/s.
>
> thats impressive i think. (are you using Euler, and if so, how big are you
> time steps?)
> JWV

> > This is because I'm working on a real time system and I coded changes
> > between colors on each frames to see clearly the refresh rate. Those
> > simulations are done in real time. For this anim, it tooks nearly 5s by
> > frames. But the simulation of gravity is done in real time. I obtain
> nearly
> > 30f/s.
> >
> > We could think about a bullet passing through a skull, but I prefer
> thinknig
> > of a worm eating an apple. Or a worm eating the space inside a volume to
> > form an architectural space.
> >

> > "JWV" <jwv|at|planet.nl> wrote in message
> > > looks usefull, especialy to animate bullets going trough something.
But