POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Prizes and Zazzle : Re: Prizes and Zazzle Server Time
14 Jun 2024 12:50:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Prizes and Zazzle
From: Slashdolt
Date: 1 May 2003 12:00:53
Message: <3eb144b5$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Well according to the irtc site they do try to give prizes:
> http://www.irtc.org/sponsors.html
>
> Though I dunno if anyone ever gets any, maybe I'll find out one day... ;)

If you read the bottom it's somewhat clear.  No one has been contacted since
1999, but they are looking into reorganizing sponsor-relationships.  Then
the page is dated August 2, 2001.   I haven't been contacted, but I realized
that I probably never would be, before I entered the competition.

With such a relatively small volume of participants, it's probably difficult
to keep relationships with sponsors.  My guess is that with Zazzle, it may
be somewhat easier, since www.povray.org already has an Associate
relationship with them.

--
Slash