POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glasses : Re: Glasses Server Time
13 Aug 2024 05:47:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glasses
From: Harold
Date: 28 Apr 2003 11:17:11
Message: <3ead45f7$1@news.povray.org>
Great! Wonderful job on modeling the cut glass.
I like this a lot and it makes good use of POV-Ray's
capabilities. I would say, not as a criticism, but
observation, that the caustics seem too bright, too
intense. However, that may be intentional. Another
point is that this type of glass has a more sharply
defined outer rim. I have noticed that it is not easy to
model with something like sPatch or Hammapatch.
I think the rim needs to be modeled
 _
/  \

with two points close together rather than

/\

with one point, because of the way spline patch
normals are rendered. Although, I have not tried
this yet.

Harold