POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Old Technology...Music To Trace By : Re: Old Technology...Music To Trace By Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:36:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old Technology...Music To Trace By
From: Jim Charter
Date: 26 Apr 2003 17:57:33
Message: <3eab00cd@news.povray.org>
James Moore wrote:
   I haven't added much to the discussions as I'm
> a pretty lousy communicator, but I've learned alot from reading them.

It's simply an exchange of ideas, not a contest.  There is something to
be learned from trying to verbalize one's ideas.  It is difficult for
all of us I would imagine. I am self-conscious about the language I use
too. It probably seems pretentious but the important thing is to try and
identify one's thinking.  Hope to hear more of your thoughts.

  I had a really hard time trying to
> decide on a subject for this round.
Been there!

I wanted to do something that was
> becoming "old" in our lifetimes so that hopefully the viewer would find a
> connection with the image, but I think I failed miserably.  I really
> enjoyed modelling the cassettes, but as the picture progressed, it seemed
> to get colder and more mechanical than thoughtful.
>
> I decided to add the pencil drawing to take the focus off the cassettes, so
> that the image would represent the memory of past times more than just one
> particular technology.

So there really was a lot of thinking that went into the picture.

-Jim