POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JPatch 0.2 released : Re: JPatch 0.2 released Server Time
18 Apr 2024 15:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JPatch 0.2 released
From: sascha
Date: 25 Apr 2003 11:55:42
Message: <3ea95a7e@news.povray.org>
Does pre-alpha suggest that it isn't useful?
Hmmm...

Well, what it's trying to say is that
1) there are some features missing we'd like to implement before a
feature-freeze and "real" alpha, beta and finally a stable 1.0 release.
2) it's probably full of bugs ;-)
3) it's under active development and in a state where we easily can
integrate new features/improvements/etc...

The primary reason for releasing it in this "pre-alpha" state is to gain
as much user-feedback as possible.

I'd say it's about as "useful" as sPatch is, but might have some bugs.
At the current state Windows-users may prefer using sPatch or hamaPatch,
but even yet it might be of some use to Mac- or Linux-users.

I've done some testing and fixed every bug I've found - so in general
you could trust the program and it's undo feature, but still it's better
to save often...

-Sascha Ledinsky