POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : another demo - fish (605k) : Re: another demo - fish (605k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: another demo - fish (605k)
From: BillyB
Date: 24 Apr 2003 19:12:16
Message: <3ea86f50@news.povray.org>
Oooooh!

I was playing with a steriogram AVI thingy and then I realised any panning
video would work.
Your fish was just the thing to try it on.
I do hope you do not mind.

Unfortunatly I had to sacrifice quality for the 3D effect. The avi's need to
be physically about an inch in size. (about half the  distance between your
eyes.) Then the frames have to be tinkered with to make the 3d effect.

You will have to tinker with your screen res and player size to reproduce
the correct phisical size. The total width of both frames needs to be around
about the  distance between your eyes.

To make them work I found the best thing was to place a piece of card at
right angles to your screen along the join between the two halves. Then
place your nose along the card so you can see one half with one eye on one
side of the card and the other side with the other eye. About six inches
away from the screen.

(OK, I admit, did not use a carfully crafted piece of card. I used an junk
mail envelope. Works best with the junk still in it for stiffness.)

Ta BB

"Kitsune_e" <kit### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> This is something I finished a while ago.  I just did it to practice
> animating, so there are many small errors.  Also the spline I used to move
> the fish has one weird spot in it.
>
> Actualy in this video I tried to do my uv_mapped povray texture trick, but
> wound up doing this instead.  It is a grey UV image with a transperant
slope
> maped texture over it.  also I added some irid to give subtler pigment
> shades.  It worked better then I expected.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'out2.avi.dat' (218 KB)