POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey : Re: Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux/Unix Survey
From: Bob R
Date: 24 Apr 2003 18:59:35
Message: <3ea86c57@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <3EA### [at] pacbellnet>...

>Did you check your I/O restriction settings and do you have your
library
>paths set up properly? As a non-*.nix user those are the only hints I
can
>offer.
>--
>Ken Tyler

Thanks, Uncle Ken.

Looks like the POV I/O restrictions are set right, my personal files
are another story. I'll have to track down the 'paths' thing.
I did get Pyvon installed and running, had some trouble finding a
package that should have been 'required' by the Python 2.2 package
(Debian is very picky, except this time!!).
I had to use a CD to copy *my* scene files from my P II machine, so
everything is read-only, having to go thru it all and set write
permissions. What a pain.<G> (my ignorance of Linux doesn't help.)
My eyes are bleeding from reading so much documentation. :-)
Sloooooowly getting there. But, I gots kidneys<pointing to head>, so
I'll figure it out or ask the experts.<G> May have to fire up the old
Apple II to rest my brain-cell a little!!

I've always wanted my machine to boot into POVray, then run win95b
when needed. Assuming this survey is positive, will that be the object
of a new POV / *nix project? <G>ear<G>

--
Bob R
POVrookie