POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Linux/Unix Survey : Re: Linux/Unix Survey Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Linux/Unix Survey
From: Bob R
Date: 23 Apr 2003 22:39:52
Message: <3ea74e78@news.povray.org>
Ken wrote in message <3E983F78.51A4D6FD@pacbell.net>...

>Hi,
>The TAG and The POV-Team are trying to get a better picture of how
many
>people here use POV-Ray on a Linux/Unix based machine. If you do have
it
>installed please respond to this message telling us on what version
of
>Linux/Unix, how long you have been using it and what version of
POV-Ray
>you are currently running. This information will be used to help
better
>support this platform.
>Thanks for your help,
>--
>Ken Tyler - POV-Ray Technical Assistance Group

Hi, Uncle Ken!
After *MUCH* trouble and a bad memory module, I finally got Debian
3.0r1 Linux (kernel=2.4.18-bf2.4) up and running along with win98
(win95b would install, but not run. ;-{ ) on my newly built Pentium
IV-2.4Ghz. POV3.5 installed on both sides.
Been a POV-addict since '99. Very new to the Linux world, using
POVlinux.tgx from povray.org.

Just loaded this group, looking for tips/fixes. POV can't find local
*.inc files when run from X/KDE. From terminal, it can't find
/../pov../include. ??? Got povray.ini and .povray.rc files
*everywhere*!!! ??? With posts back to 2000, the answer must be here
somewhere!! <G> 1715 posts left to read!!
--
Bob R
POVrookie