POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : UV texture (4 images 22.5k) : bump_mapping (2 images 10.5k) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:26:49 EDT (-0400)
  bump_mapping (2 images 10.5k)
From: Kitsune e
Date: 23 Apr 2003 13:34:47
Message: <3ea6ceb7@news.povray.org>
I played around with Poseray and bump mapping and this is the result.  The
map I had made had much too much contrast, and as a result my first couple
of attempts resulted in ugly bumpy blobs, but once I turned the depth and
hight down to plus and minus .1 it worked as advertised.  The only thing I
dont like is that whenever I use *.obj format all my nice quad faces get
turned into triangles.  It doubles the number of faces I have to work with,
and means that the mesh dosn't smooth as well.  Regardless the displacment
works, so I can live with the other problems... Though any help would be
appreciated.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'watcher_bump_02.jpg' (6 KB) Download 'watcher_bump_01.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'watcher_bump_02.jpg'
watcher_bump_02.jpg

Preview of image 'watcher_bump_01.jpg'
watcher_bump_01.jpg