POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP - Still Life (2 images, 88k total) : Re: WIP - Still Life (2 images, 88k total) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP - Still Life (2 images, 88k total)
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 23 Apr 2003 12:23:34
Message: <3ea6be06@news.povray.org>
About those photons: Perhaps try a different
autostop, like .25 or such. With autostop 0 it
may happen that it will stop shooting photons
as soon as it completes a full turn without
hitting the object. This happens nicely with a
torus blocking the light, but might also be
happening with the cigarette. Don't use arealight
for the photons, in my experience that made
things worse.
 About the smoke: try to model a blob and fill it
with scattering media. Best would be to make
two thick rims which spread out and turbulate,
and some connection between these two. These
two rims seem to be the main issue for realistic
cigarette smoke, at least to me.

Aside of that, nice job. The floor needs a realistic
texture, then you'd get a nice image.

Regards,
Tim

--