POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Non-metal : Re: Non-metal Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-metal
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 22 Apr 2003 16:01:34
Message: <3ea59f9e$1@news.povray.org>
> Try making the pigment darker and maybe the reflections brighter, so that
it
> relies more on reflected than diffused light.

Yeah, that was my thinking... Tried it with no diffuse at all, but looked
like it was metal painted black or something... (Ooo, but maybe I should
turn off the "metallic" keyword - it's probably trying to give me black
highlights |-)

> Maybe try making the highlights sharper, also.

Yes, I think I agree with you there... Already tried fiddling with roughness
and brilliance, so maybe I need to move the light source around or
something...

Thanks.
Andrew.