POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Non-metal : Re: Non-metal Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-metal
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: 22 Apr 2003 15:59:37
Message: <3ea59f29@news.povray.org>
> I had the same trouble the other day, but eventually got something I
liked.
> A few tips:
> -make sure you've got a light source in a position where it will reflect,
and
> use a specular or phong highlight

It already has 80% specular highlight. Lighting might well need something
doing to it though...

> -make it slightly reflective

Already has constant 80% reflection. (Haven't tried variable reflection -
won't make much difference for such tiny objects.)

> -use a high brilliance value, I find a brilliance of 2 looks pretty good.

Brilliance is currently at 3. (Also roughness = 0.005.)

> -try using "metallic" reflections and highlights, that sometimes helps
(though
> sometimes it looks totally wrong).

Already switched on. (Of course, all that actually does is make the specular
highlights match the colour of the object; since these are WHITE anyway,
theoritically it won't make any difference.)

Thanks anyway.
Andrew.