POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Non-metal : Re: Non-metal Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-metal
From: Tek
Date: 22 Apr 2003 14:58:36
Message: <3ea590dc@news.povray.org>
I had the same trouble the other day, but eventually got something I liked.
A few tips:
-make sure you've got a light source in a position where it will reflect, and
use a specular or phong highlight
-make it slightly reflective
-use a high brilliance value, I find a brilliance of 2 looks pretty good.
-try using "metallic" reflections and highlights, that sometimes helps (though
sometimes it looks totally wrong).

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com