POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC participation shrinking? : Re: IRTC participation shrinking? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 07:55:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC participation shrinking?
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 22 Apr 2003 11:22:12
Message: <3ea55e24$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> One more anecdote.  I should start by admitting my bias that I dislike
> the artwork of a German artist named Joseph Beuys.  I know I am probably
> offending some Germans in the audience but I mean no disrespect to
> Germany or Germans, I just don't like Beuys' art.
;-) There are many Germans don't liking Beuys, me included. There's the
funny story of a cleaning woman, who removed a piece of butter from the
corner of a room, not recognizing that it was art. She was taken to
court for that but won the processes IIRC.

Well I never understood art, which only tries to provocate the viewer.
Maybe Beuys is more than that, I don't know.
For the record: I really like some abstract art such as Miro or
Hundertwasser. But I only like art, which doesn't need a theoretical
explanation to give the viewer something. In german there's the saying

think that's the precondition for good art.

Florian